Have you notice those cute scrolls on Pinterest or on your Instagram feed? They are quite intriguing and beautiful to have hanging on the wall or even used as a table runner the Christmas holidays.
What if I told you you can create your very own without breaking the bank?
My desire was to have one in my home, until I saw the prices ranging from 40 to 80 bucks! Are you freaking kidding me? I thought, “hey, since we have leftover craft paper just sitting in the closet taking up space, why not use it and get crafty!”
The journey began all in the days work, minus the several hours I had to stop to tend to my kiddos every needs! It’s a blessing in disguise. If I can do it with nonstop interruptions, so can you! Oh yes, you heard that right! You can create your very own with just a few simple tools and materials.
As an Amazon Affiliate, links are included, but are at no cost to you. Learn more here.
Tools and Materials
- Craft paper roll
- Tape measure or Ruler
- Sharpie Paint Pen or Marker
- Hot glue
- Hot glue gun
- Thick rope, twine, or yarn
- Measure and mark the length and width you desire, and then cut.
- Roll one end a few times and place a stripe of hot glue along the width to hold. Repeat this step for the other end.
- Find the image or saying you love so much. (You can choose to free hand your print, or use a Cricut if you have one. (I need one of these in my life, but for now my hands will do!)
- Drawing by hand, draw your image with a pencil and then trace over it with a paint pen.
- Measure and cut the yarn, rope, or twine to hang. String it through the top of the scroll, knot it, and hang it perfectly on your wall.
Isn’t that a lovely work of art created by you! All in all it is always satisfying to be able to say, “Hey, I did that!”
These scrolls are perfect for seasonal décor and are awesome to have all year round. They can range from many sizes, such as small, medium, large, and the in-betweens. Scrolls can also be created on craft paper other than brown. It all depends on your style!
Thank you for stopping by friends! I hope you enjoyed this simple diy tutorial and that it has inspired you to create your very own!
If your looking for more inspiration and ideas, sign up with our mailing list. Also follow us on Instagram @Fletchwoodhomefront and tags us using or hashtags #fletchwoodhomefront and #fletchwoodhomefrontdecor. We love to see your creation!
Make good choices, stay safe, and be creative!